Los Exploradores | Youth Outdoor Program – Patagonia Park,Argentina
3 day Outdoor adventure experience
Created and funded by Freyja Foundation and run by Rewilding Argentina, our mission is to foster future conservationists and caretakers inspired by Patagonia National Park, Argentina: to educate and empower local youth on their vital role within their thriving ecosystem and develop an adventurous conservation outlook.
- A 3-day Backpacking and Nature Experience in Patagonia Park, Argentina filled with hiking, camping, backpacking, wildlife tracking, rock climbing, biology lessons and star gazing. (*3 days backpacking and 2 nights camping in the Pinturas (and the northern section of confluence in Caracoles Canyon)
- Local youth (The Explorers) will take part in an outdoor adventure-filled weekend where our team will share fun stories about the history, wildlife, and significant indigenous landmarks in the park that has attracted many for thousands of years.
- Visit to 13,000 yr. old Cueva de Los Manas (Cave of the Hands): A UNESCO World Heritage Site – Here our explorers will learn about the ancestral roots & heritage of the region, and the people that created the cave paintings over thousands of years ago.
- Two nights spent at the Puesto de Piedra or a wild campsite
- Daily Activities include: rock climbing, hiking, mindfulness, wildlife tracking, astronomy, and biology lessons. These activities will form the basis for different discussions where we encourage personal development and the importance of wildlife conservation. Each day ends with a similar discussion about what each explorer found exciting, challenging, and inspiring.
- On the final day, we will host a closing ceremony and encourage each explorer to reengage & reflect on the themes of ecology and share how their lives (living near the park) can become more intentional around what they have learned.
We hope to encourage the explorers to come back with their families and reinforce that humans & nature share an intrinsic equal value and can live in harmony.